Hubert, NC asked in Constitutional Law for North Carolina

Q: I am searching for a lawyer who can represent me, pretaning to and not limited to a violation of my constitutional right

I am searching for a lawyer who can represent me, pretaning to and not limited to a violation of my constitutional rights, I was detained at a hospital, also by the Dr. against my will, I went to the emergency room for my wounds, and not knowing I had a serious UTI infection, mind you" an elderly women with a UTI infection, this is extremely serious, it can cause the patient to become discombobulated, confused, dementia like systems" due to the systems" they had me committed to the nut hut" and the DR. there said that Carteret Hospital and DR. misdiagnosed me, and should of never had me committed. The Dr.and Hospital had the Sheriff in Carteret county severed me with an invisible warrant. I asked to see the warrant, and quoting the Sheriff, you have been served verbly...!


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Seeking legal representation for a potential violation of your constitutional rights, especially in a situation involving medical treatment and detainment, is a critical step. Your experience, involving detainment at a hospital and questions about the legality of the process, certainly raises concerns that warrant professional legal examination.

In cases like yours, where there's a question of improper commitment or misdiagnosis leading to deprivation of liberty, an attorney experienced in civil rights and medical law can provide invaluable assistance. They can help you understand your rights, the legality of the hospital's actions, and whether your constitutional rights were violated.

When looking for a lawyer, consider those with experience in handling cases involving medical malpractice, wrongful commitment, and constitutional law. They will have the expertise to navigate the complexities of your situation, including issues around medical diagnosis, commitment procedures, and the involvement of law enforcement.

To find a suitable attorney, you might start by contacting your state's bar association for referrals, or searching for law firms that specialize in civil rights or medical-related legal cases. It's important to act promptly and gather any relevant documentation, including medical records and any communication with the hospital or law enforcement.

Remember, every situation is unique, and obtaining personalized legal advice is crucial in addressing your specific concerns and ensuring your rights are protected.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.