Utica, NY asked in Employment Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for New York

Q: I work in Herkimer County NY as a Peace Officer. Can I work as a bartender-serving alcohol in Oneida County NY?

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Whether you can work as a bartender serving alcohol in Oneida County, NY, while employed as a Peace Officer in Herkimer County, depends on the specific rules and regulations governing Peace Officers' secondary employment and any potential conflicts of interest. It is advisable to consult your employer's policies, the specific laws and regulations related to Peace Officers in New York, and any agreements or contracts you may have with your current employer. Some law enforcement agencies have policies restricting secondary employment to avoid conflicts or ensure officers' availability for their primary duties.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.