Fairburn, GA asked in Insurance Bad Faith and Civil Litigation for Georgia

Q: How do I go about suing my insurance agency for bad faith? Having difficulty finding a lawyer who handles this type

I was emailed that my policy was canceled for non-payment. After I sent then the docs showing it was paid in full months in advanced they realized the mistake on there end. Days later I was given other excuses. This caused my business to loose contracts, other funds, registration expired, revoked by the FMCSA and non-renewable to any other insurance companies at the moment

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Insurance Claims Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Georgia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. It can be difficult to find counsel for bad faith claims. They aren't always clear-cut and they could involve conflicting testimony and versions of events. Law firms recognize the amount of attorney time that a case will use up in getting to the bottom of things - with the outcome not always being certain. You could continue your searches, with the option of supplementing your efforts with the "Find a Lawyer" tab above and the attorney referrals tools on the websites of local and state bar associations. Those resources are outside this forum, and any arrangements would be between you and law firms you reach out to. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.