Huntington Beach, CA asked in Estate Planning for Arizona

Q: My husband changed his trust one month after his brain tumor diagnosis and died less than 2 months later. Legal?

The change he made was to transfer one half of his children's inheritance to his wife (the children's stepmother). This is a question for an Arizona lawyer - Tucson or Phoenix

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Gerszewski
David Gerszewski
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Chandler, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Assuming your husband was still of sound mind and the attorney followed all the Arizona state law requirements, it should be legal. You can contact an estate litigator and see if there is room to go to court to contest it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.