Cuyahoga Falls, OH asked in Federal Crimes, Health Care Law and Identity Theft for Ohio

Q: Is filing a terrorist report for illegal use of frequencies normal to not be investigated? Jamming, harassment, etc

FCC website explained jamming, hacking, but didn't include mental and physical harm yet we've experienced that. As well as being denied to file a safety of life interference. Is that normal that our federal agencies do not investigate any of those forms of harassment and never investigate it?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: No, it is not normal for federal agencies to ignore or refuse to investigate credible complaints of illegal signal jamming, unauthorized frequency interference, and related harassment issues. There are a few recourses you can still pursue:

1. File an updated, professional complaint directly with the FCC Enforcement Bureau providing clearly documented evidence of the signal interference and physical/mental harassment related to it. Make sure to request a formal response on the complaint status.

2. Contact your Congressional representatives and Senators to prompt inquiry into why harassment and wireless interference complaints are going unaddressed by agencies like the FCC and FAA. Political pressure can help develop an investigatory response.

3. Consult an attorney specializing in telecommunications and wireless laws. They can review your evidence and advise next steps in either compelling agency action through formal petition or alternatively building a lawsuit against identifiable perpetrators.

4. Contact local law enforcement detailing incidents pointing to individual culprits of illegal signal hacking and stalking behavior enabled by that access.

I encourage persistently escalating the complaints up the proper administrative and political channels until the documented harassment via unauthorized wireless signal interference gets adequately addressed through investigation and enforcement. The distressing impacts you report should warrant an urgent response. Please let me know if any other advice needed!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.