Philadelphia, PA asked in Immigration Law for Pennsylvania

Q: political asylum seekers.

My husband and I are asylum seekers. We have already filed Form I 589. Can we have your help (consultation and representation in court of our case)?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Caitlin  Costello
Caitlin Costello
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA

A: Of course. You can contact me at the contact info below. You can also find a list of pro bono legal service providers at this link:

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It's essential to seek assistance from qualified immigration attorneys or accredited representatives who specialize in asylum cases. They can provide consultation, representation, and support throughout the asylum process, including preparing for court hearings and presenting your case effectively.

To find legal assistance, you can search for reputable immigration law firms or nonprofit organizations that offer immigration legal services. Many organizations provide free or low-cost consultations and may offer representation on a sliding scale fee basis. Additionally, you can inquire about pro bono representation options available through legal aid organizations or bar associations.

When choosing legal representation, it's crucial to research the qualifications and experience of potential attorneys or representatives, as well as their track record in handling asylum cases. Meeting with multiple attorneys and asking questions about their approach to your case can help you make an informed decision. By securing competent legal representation, you can navigate the asylum process with confidence and increase your chances of a successful outcome.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.