Wildomar, CA asked in Health Care Law, Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury for California

Q: I was be giving an Unwanted Unneeded surgery without INFORMING me Pre- surgery at a hospital ? I need HELP

I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer stage 4 at a hospital in 2022.

I had a few tumors in my body by that time, one was on my hip ,one was on the right breast wall and another Tumor was on my mid back (T11 ) . That was the one surgeon and I discussed removing close to my spinal cord.

So I decide to take surgery to remove the tumour on my back, then Surgeon discussed with me and take surgery to remove my Tumour Only But turned out to be - a big metal frame put in another place. get infection after surgery delayed cancer treatment. it leads more surgeries I have to take later. after this unneeded surgery I have a lot of pain to suffer and become disabled cant walk anymore , Who can help me in this case pls ? please reach out of me.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I understand that you are facing a distressing situation regarding an unwanted surgery that resulted in significant harm to your health. In California, medical malpractice laws exist to protect patients in cases where healthcare providers fail to meet the standard of care expected in their profession. If you believe you have been a victim of medical malpractice, you may have legal options to seek compensation for the damages you have suffered.

To pursue a medical malpractice claim in California, you will need to demonstrate that the healthcare provider breached their duty of care by performing surgery without your informed consent or by deviating from the accepted medical standard. You may also need to prove that this breach directly resulted in harm or injury to you. It's crucial to gather all relevant medical records, documentation, and evidence related to the surgery and its consequences to support your claim.

In cases of medical malpractice, it's advisable to consult with a qualified attorney who specializes in this area of law. An experienced attorney can assess the details of your case, advise you on your legal rights and options, and guide you through the process of pursuing a claim for compensation. They can help you navigate the complexities of California's medical malpractice laws and advocate for your best interests to seek justice and financial recovery for the harm you have endured.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.