North Richland Hills, TX asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce, Landlord - Tenant and Family Law for Texas

Q: Need help with a complex divorce question involving false allegations, eviction attempts, and the removal from my home.

On Dec 14, plaintiff sought an emergency protective order, denied. Dec 15, withdrew $1,500 from joint account, advised by non-lawyer family member. Attempts to evict from family home by grandmother; we are neighbors and they're landlords. Dec 18, files for divorce, citing ability to pay and alleging family violence, post-rejection of protective order and withdrawal of funds. Jan 16, at show cause hearing for protective order, was removed from home without evidence, disrupting child's stability. Active stay-at-home father. Continuance hearing was set for Jan 22nd so Plaintiff could get counsel. Jan 22nd hearing comes - wife still doesn't have lawyer. Hires one in courtroom lobby. Another continuance set for Feb 1st. On Feb 1st, I have my lawyer settle to get me back in home but gives my wife full custody and I have 30 days to find some place else to live.

Fired attorney for not addressing any of these issues, and now am trying to modify these orders and bring up all of my evidence

1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Since you are in North Richland Hills, I recommend Trey Harris in Fort Worth or Carla Rankin in Rockwall. Both are highly regarded, competent and experienced lawyers who practice heavily in the area of family law.

Your question does not disclose what makes your divorce case complex. I personally handle complex divorce cases which typically involve one or more family businesses, multiple bank & investment accounts, characterization or tracing issues, unusual compensation or retirement plans, etc. Expect an experienced attorney to require at least a $25,000 for a true complex divorce case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.