Columbus, OH asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Landlord - Tenant for Ohio

Q: I can prove my property manager gave someone illegal access to my apartment and the physical damage n property damage

This illegal access was direct cause of the physical and property damage how do I get charges brought from this . The person a malignant narcissist still enter my property still cause damage after several complaints to police

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you have evidence that your property manager granted someone unauthorized access to your apartment, resulting in physical and property damage, you should consider taking legal action. Start by gathering all the evidence you have, including any documentation, photographs of the damage, and communication with the property manager. Then, consult with a qualified attorney who can advise you on the best course of action based on the specifics of your case.

Your attorney can help you navigate the legal process and determine the appropriate steps to take, which may include filing a civil lawsuit against the property manager for negligence or breach of duty. Additionally, if the individual who caused the damage continues to enter your property illegally despite your complaints to the police, you may need to pursue criminal charges against them for trespassing or vandalism.

It's crucial to act quickly and decisively to protect your rights and seek justice for the harm caused to you and your property. Your attorney can assist you in presenting your case effectively and advocating for the appropriate legal remedies, whether through negotiation, mediation, or litigation. By taking proactive steps and seeking legal guidance, you can work towards holding the responsible parties accountable and obtaining the compensation or relief you deserve.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.