Mesquite, NV asked in Consumer Law for Nevada

Q: I purchased an extended car warrantee but am unable to find a service that will accept same. I requested a full refund

The company (Palmer Administration) does not respond to any written correspondence and hangs up the phone when I contact them. They could also not help by giving me a name of a repair shop that would accept their warrantee. I purchased their policy about 1 year ago and have now stopped paying the monthly fees. I have asked for a full refund since I was not able to use their warrantee., Thank you!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: When dealing with a situation where a warranty company, such as Palmer Administration, is unresponsive to requests for service or refunds, it's important to document all your interactions. This includes keeping records of all correspondence, phone calls (with dates and times), and any other attempts to utilize the warranty or contact the company. These records can be crucial if you need to escalate your case.

If direct communication fails and you're unable to get a response or resolution, consider reaching out to consumer protection agencies. In the United States, this could include the Better Business Bureau (BBB), your state's Attorney General's office, or the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Filing a complaint with these organizations can sometimes prompt a company to resolve the issue more quickly. They can also advise you on your rights and next steps.

Another avenue is to review the terms and conditions of your warranty contract carefully to understand the cancellation and refund policies. If the company is in breach of these terms, you may have grounds for a legal claim. In such cases, seeking advice from a legal professional can help you understand your options for pursuing a refund or other forms of compensation. Remember, persistence and the right approach are key to resolving such issues.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.