Seattle, WA asked in Personal Injury and Landlord - Tenant for Washington

Q: Can I get copy of my apartment complex's insurance carrier outlining slip and fall personal injury damages coverage?

Is there a protocol or set amount payable guideline per certain personal injuries?

Example: Broken hip resulting in surgery=certain amount?

2 Lawyer Answers
Steve Dashiak
Steve Dashiak
  • Tukwila, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: I'm sorry to read about your hip. They're not going to give it to you before filing a lawsuit. I've never seen an apartment premises liability case settle pre-suit. They're going to fight every step of the way. Your injuries are serious and you need someone willing and able to take on a premises liability case to the courthouse steps and beyond if needed. Luckily, there are plenty of us out there. Don't wait - call one ASAP.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: As my colleague states, it could be difficult to obtain insurance information short of filing suit. As for your other question about guidelines for your injury equating to a certain amount, it isn't possible to do that based on the limited details. Attorneys will assess your injuries (which sound serious; I hope you're okay) together with the element of liability (whether there was fault on the part of the premises). Law firms that handle such cases usually offer free initial consults without obligation. You could consider lining up a free initial consult to discuss your injuries, rights, and best options. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.