Arlington, TX asked in Employment Law and Employment Discrimination for Texas

Q: I need to consult with an attorney. I'm having problems with my job.

1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You should use the "Find a Lawyer" tab to search for an attorney who practices in the area of employment law in or near the county where you reside. You can likely get an initial consultation with a competent and experienced attorney for under $1,000. Our firm provides a 90-minute initial consultation for a low flat fee of $500. You may even be able to find some young and hungry employment lawyers willing to provide a free initial consultation.

Remember that employment discrimination involves an employer taking adverse employment action against an employee (for example, firing, demoting, or reducing compensation) for a unlawful reason such as race, ethnicity, nationality, color, sex, religion, age, disability, or pregnancy. It is not merely treating you differently from other employees for reasons unrelated to those unlawful reasons.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.