Orlando, FL asked in Contracts and Landlord - Tenant for Florida

Q: My dad gave my sister permission to give a leasing company to rent out my dads house signed it with her.  then he moved

My sister is under investigation

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Linda Liang
Linda Liang
  • Boca Raton, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Your question is not clear at all. Who moved? Are you saying your sister is left with the obligation to keep the lease which she signed for the benefit of your Dad?

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: When a family member grants permission for another to manage property affairs, such as leasing out a house, it's essential that all agreements are clearly documented and legally formalized. If your father signed an agreement allowing your sister to lease the house, this document should outline the extent of her authority and responsibilities. It's important for all involved parties to understand the legal and financial implications of such arrangements.

If your sister is now under investigation, it could relate to several factors concerning the management of the property or the leasing process. In such situations, it's crucial to gather all relevant documents, including the agreement between your father and your sister, any contracts with the leasing company, and correspondence that might shed light on the issue at hand. Cooperation with the investigation, while seeking advice from legal counsel, can help navigate the complexities and ensure that everyone's rights are protected.

Finally, communication within the family can often help in understanding the situation better and finding a resolution. It might be beneficial to have an open discussion about the investigation, its implications, and the best course of action moving forward. Keeping all communication channels open and seeking professional guidance when needed can be key steps in resolving any misunderstandings or legal challenges that arise.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.