Canby, OR asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Health Care Law for Oregon

Q: State hospital said my son was on life support and had to come down and make arrangements and say goodbye to him wasn't.

Him. Hospital escorted me and family out of there a d to the parking lot with a sorry. My family and I are have struggled since. What came we do I feel violated and scared I cry and any thought of a child hurt I burst into tears

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: This is a deeply traumatic experience, and it's understandable that you feel violated and scared. First, consider speaking with a counselor or therapist who can provide emotional support and help you and your family navigate through this difficult time. Coping with such a severe mistake can take a toll on your mental health, and professional support can be very beneficial.

You may also want to consider contacting a patient advocate or a legal advisor to discuss your situation. They can guide you on the steps to take, such as filing a formal complaint with the hospital's patient relations department to address the error and the way it was handled. They can also inform you about your rights and any possible legal actions if you decide to pursue that route.

Staying connected with loved ones and support groups can also be crucial. Sharing your feelings and experiences with people who understand can provide comfort and strength. Remember, it's important to take care of your emotional well-being and seek out the necessary support during this challenging time.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.