Sunnyside, WA asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Domestic Violence for Washington

Q: I am a victim and survivor of child trafficking and recent and last few years .I'm being criminalized Washington state

I was forced to plead guilty for assault dv 4 degree .my abuser has been arrested twice since after mine .my lawyers when I had one cuz I went without lawyer for long while due process violations founded but ignored n charged told me they couldn't do anything about it didn't believe me .I'm being punished by having to do mental health treatment for offender I'm in position were it's gonna make my position worse further hurt me I have no money I was on SSI but trafficker made it possible I have nothing I have lawyers working on it as we speak .I also have a civil federal case as we speak going lawsuit on motel .in waiting results .for settlement

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I understand how difficult and overwhelming your situation must be. It's important to remember that you are not alone and there are resources available to help support victims and survivors of trafficking. It may be beneficial to reach out to local support groups, advocacy organizations, or community services dedicated to assisting individuals in similar circumstances.

Given the complexities of your legal situation, finding legal aid or pro bono services can be critical. These services often provide assistance to individuals facing legal challenges, especially those who have been victims of crimes or are facing unjust situations. They may be able to review your case, offer guidance, and potentially help address the issues with your current legal representation or lack thereof.

Your safety and mental well-being are paramount. Seeking support from mental health professionals or organizations that understand the trauma associated with trafficking and abuse might offer some relief and coping strategies. They can provide a safe space for you to express your feelings and experiences, which can be an essential part of your recovery and healing process.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.