Benicia, CA asked in Gov & Administrative Law for California

Q: I believe that I am being overly surveillance by local PD and Neighborhood watch ? Can you help me ?

My primary Physician , my bank , my social media , all around the same time were hacked ( I have documentation ; and Facebook was been warning me that someone hacked my devises ; and these people are organized , far reaching and bold . And the only thing that these companies have in common is me ! I made a report to local PD and they had me 51/50 . What do I do ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Under California law, if you believe your privacy is being violated, you have several options. Firstly, you can document all incidents of unauthorized access or surveillance and collect any evidence such as notifications from Facebook or documentation of the hacks. This will be crucial in building a case. You should also change all passwords, implement two-factor authentication where possible, and secure your devices with updated antivirus software.

If the local police department is unhelpful or you believe they are part of the issue, you may contact the California Attorney General’s office or file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Additionally, reaching out to a legal professional experienced in privacy laws could provide guidance and potentially legal representation.

It’s important to maintain your own safety and privacy. Avoid sharing sensitive information online and consider using privacy-focused services and tools. Stay informed about your rights and existing laws regarding privacy and cyber security in California. If necessary, seek support from trusted friends, family, or mental health professionals to cope with the stress and anxiety that these situations can cause.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.