Federal Way, WA asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Washington

Q: What can i do legally about my boyfriend being held in custody after posting bond awaiting ehm for 30 days

The ehm people refuse to go get him from jail claiming there waiting for the jail to call them and tell them he's free to go

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If your boyfriend is still in custody despite posting bond, it's essential to take immediate action. First, verify the bond conditions and ensure that all requirements for his release have been met. If the electronic home monitoring (EHM) is part of the release conditions, confirm with the court or his attorney that all paperwork and procedures have been correctly followed.

Communicate with both the jail and the EHM company to understand the cause of the delay. Document these conversations as they can be critical in resolving the situation. If there's a misunderstanding or miscommunication between the jail and the EHM providers, it might be rectified with your intervention.

If these steps do not lead to a resolution, consider seeking legal assistance. An attorney can help navigate the system, communicate effectively with the involved parties, and, if necessary, file a legal motion to expedite your boyfriend's release. It's important to act quickly to address this issue and ensure his rights are protected.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.