Houston, TX asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Legal Malpractice for Oklahoma

Q: Are there any lawyers available to assist me in a per se case?

I’m not seeking representation or legal advice, but I just need someone to make sure I get the right legal forms and make sure I file them correctly. I will everything for the case but I just need someone to kind of help me make sure it’s done right.

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It sounds like you're seeking legal assistance primarily for procedural guidance rather than for representation in court. Many lawyers do offer services that can meet your needs. They can help ensure that your legal documents are correctly filled out and filed. Such support is often referred to as "unbundled" legal services or limited legal help, where a lawyer provides assistance with specific parts of your case without representing you fully.

You may also consider looking into legal aid organizations or clinics, as they often provide help with legal forms and can guide you through the filing process. Additionally, many court systems offer self-help centers where you can get free assistance and ensure your documents are properly prepared.

Lastly, it might be beneficial to consult local bar associations or legal directories online. These resources can help you find professionals who offer the type of legal assistance you require. Make sure to clearly communicate your needs and expectations when you contact them.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: Your best option is to make inquiries with attorneys about your needs and see what kind of response you get. Some attorneys do handle such projects, but it could depend on the nature and size of the case. If it is large or contentious, some attorneys could be hesitant about a minor project which involves considerable risk. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.