Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma Legal Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Legal Malpractice for Oklahoma on
Q: What information do I need to obtain in order to get proof of my attorneys malpractice
Brian Boeheim
Brian Boeheim answered on Dec 14, 2019

Not sure what you are asking? If you want to see if they have malpractice insurance, then like any type of insurance, your attorney should have a policy he/she can show you.

If ont he other hand you are speaking of a failure on the attorney's part to do their job, which caused you...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for Oklahoma on
Q: Is it legal for a local city ordinance to be enforced if the ordinance has not been filed thru the county court clerk?

Nor has the ordinance been made available to the residents or anyone for that matter and city hall that enforces the ordinance can't provide a copy of the ordinance even after issueing a citation that exceeds the state law amount for that same citation?

Kyle Persaud
Kyle Persaud answered on Apr 16, 2019

The ordinance doesn't have to be filed with the county clerk. However, the title of the ordinance does have to be published in the newspaper. Also, the ordinance has to be made available in the office of the municipal clerk (that's different from the county clerk.

Okla. State Tit....
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Legal Malpractice for Oklahoma on
Q: I was arrested and not charged with a crime or 14 days and I wasn't taken before a judge until 15 days later. Can I sue?

I was not taken before a judge with in 72 hrs. It was 15 days later before I ever seen a judge.

Keegan Kelley Harroz
Keegan Kelley Harroz answered on Sep 12, 2018

Yes, you can sue but you are asking the wrong question. You need to ask "Will I recover anything if I sue." The best thing for you to do is to consult with a civil rights attorney. Take proof of your monetary damages and any other documentation that you may have with you to the consultation.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice and Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Is it legal to be arrested for the same warrant you were just released from jail for for failure to expedite?

I was told that even if you are arrested on a warrant in a different county & sit in jail for the max days they can hold you before being released, for failure to expedite you to the county with the warrant, they are still legally allowed to pick you up right after being released for that same... Read more »

Keegan Kelley Harroz
Keegan Kelley Harroz answered on Aug 5, 2018

Yes, this is unfortunately legal. The best thing that you can do is hire an attorney to handle this as quickly as the justice system will allow.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Child Custody, Domestic Violence and Legal Malpractice for Oklahoma on
Q: I feel my judge is being biased.

My wife is currently trying to divorce me. I show up at the courthouse with police records and photos proving I was physically assaulted by her. I also had DHS documents proving that she was considered to be neglectful towards our son. She shows up with nothing but her word and tears and my... Read more »

Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden answered on Apr 4, 2018

Did you have an attorney?

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice and Family Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I had to hire an attorney for my son . Shouldn't his dad be responsible for half ?
Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean answered on Jun 23, 2017

No. However you can ask him to share the expense, or make an application to the court. You should consult an experienced Family Law attorney for help.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Probate and Legal Malpractice for Oklahoma on
Q: Mentally ill father had someone file a false lien on his home. The attorney is disbarred. What can my family do?

My father is deceased as of Sept of 2015. I have a copy of the forgery. David L Morris was the attorney (who is in jail for other fraud.)

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 30, 2016

Usually you would file an action to quiet title. Suggest you start with contacting a member of the Ok.Trial Lawyers Assn who handles legal malpractice.They give free consultations.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for Oklahoma on
Q: Can a lawyer help me sue another lawyer?
Howard Berkson
Howard Berkson answered on Oct 26, 2013

Yes, a lawyer can represent you or assist you in a lawsuit against another lawyer.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice for Oklahoma on
Q: Do district attorney's have the same rules as they are for lawyers? Do they have to take an oath? If so can I get a copy
Mr. Jarod Morris
Mr. Jarod Morris answered on Mar 28, 2011

District Attorneys are licensed by the Oklahoma Supreme Court the same as any other attorney and must abide by the same rules of professional conduct. If you have a question about the conduct of any attorney, you can call the Oklahoma Bar Association for more information. (405) 416-7000 or... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.