Las Vegas, NV asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Civil Rights, Identity Theft and Family Law for Nevada

Q: Tengo un problema de una demanda de divorcio no estava presente lo firmaron segun que fui yo pues aparte hay adulterio

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If someone else signed a divorce petition in your name, this is a serious matter that needs immediate attention. You should gather any evidence that proves you were not present or did not consent to the signing. This could include travel records, receipts, or witness statements.

Next, contact a lawyer experienced in family law. They can guide you through the process of contesting the fraudulent filing and advise you on the steps to take to protect your rights. This might include filing a legal challenge to the divorce decree or taking steps to address the identity fraud.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.