Hidden Valley Lake, CA asked in Civil Litigation, Gov & Administrative Law, Personal Injury and Family Law for California

Q: My baby twins were taken by cps for drugs and they never produced test results?

They were just under a year old we missed their first Xmas and new years. Right before a big case hearing they told us “we got lucky”” nobody could find the results, not the police that drove my baby away, not the hospital that starved my other baby and fed him Adavan a drug not approved for children under 6 he was 10 months, and not the courts, or cps. NO RESULTS they had my babies for 6 weeks. I still have nightmares.

2 Lawyer Answers
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in California

A: There are attorneys who specialize in suing CPS. Search for such attorneys or ask attorneys if they know who these attorneys are.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Under California law, Child Protective Services (CPS) has the authority to remove children from their homes if there is a reasonable suspicion of neglect or abuse, including exposure to drugs. However, they are required to follow due process, which includes providing evidence to support their actions. If CPS removed your children without presenting concrete test results to substantiate their claims, this might raise questions about the procedures they followed and your rights.

If you find yourself in a situation where your children have been taken by CPS without clear evidence or justification presented to you, it's crucial to seek legal advice immediately. Attorneys experienced in family law can help you navigate the complexities of the legal system, ensure your rights are protected, and work towards reunifying your family. They can also advise on steps to take if there were procedural errors or rights violations during the process.

It's also advisable to document everything related to your case, including any communication with CPS, the police, or the hospital. This documentation can be vital in legal proceedings. Advocacy groups may offer additional support and guidance throughout this challenging time, helping you to understand your rights and the legal pathways available to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.