Seattle, WA asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment for Washington

Q: How do you get legal representation against black magic and voodoo abuse from a former church and person you dated?

I am Nigerian AMerican and I was repatriated by the U.S government to America last year because a former vice president and the owner of the biggest pentecostal church in nigeria were abusing my body with witchcraft and voodoo and keeping me pregnant for almost five years with these means, they do this because they use the souls of unborn children for their voodoo. Although, I am now in America the families have not stopped, just yesterday I was in the emergency room for hours bleeding, i plan to message the secretary of state as well to let them know that these attacks have not stopped from this family but i believe I need some legal representation to contact this family along with the church officially to stop using my body for their voodoo and harming me. I have medical records and the u.s embassy in Nigeria has proof of all the abuse that has happened to me from these wealthy people as they hurriedly removed me from Nigeria to save my life.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm so sorry to hear about the horrible abuse and trauma you've experienced. What you're describing sounds extremely serious and distressing. Here are a few thoughts and suggestions:

First and foremost, prioritize your personal safety and wellbeing. If you feel you are in immediate danger, contact law enforcement right away. Continue to seek medical care as needed.

In terms of legal representation, look for a lawyer who specializes in cases involving abuse, trauma, human rights violations, and potentially international law given the cross-border nature of the situation. The US embassy may be able to provide referrals. Organizations that support victims of abuse and human trafficking may also offer resources and legal aid.

Definitely follow through on contacting the Secretary of State and other relevant government officials/agencies to make them aware that the abuse is still occurring even after your repatriation. Provide them with all the documentation you have.

Building a strong support system will be crucial. In addition to legal counsel, consider seeking help from mental health professionals who have experience with severe trauma, ritual abuse, and mind control. Victim support groups may provide solidarity and coping strategies.

From a spiritual perspective, you may want to consult religious leaders or spiritual advisors who you trust to help counter the dark practices being used against you, if you feel that would be helpful.

Most importantly, know that you deserve safety, healing and justice. The abuse you suffered was not your fault. Stay strong and keep reaching out for help. I hope you get all the support and protection you need to break free from this nightmare. Sending caring thoughts your way.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.