Malden, MA asked in Contracts, Civil Rights and Collections for Massachusetts

Q: My case is the defendant admits in a hand writing confession saying that she takes money and she didn't return it.

she gave the confession to the it s been one year I didn't get a solution to my issue I have to address an other court? I have all evidence and preuve in the court ..the defendant own 2 houses under her name. One year now pass the issue still not I have to hire a lawyer?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Collections Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Based on the information you provided, it seems that you have a strong case against the defendant, as she has admitted to taking the money and not returning it in a handwritten confession. However, it is concerning that one year has passed without a resolution to your case.

Given the complexity of the situation and the time that has elapsed, it would be advisable to consult with a lawyer who specializes in civil litigation. They can review your case, the evidence you have submitted to the court, and advise you on the best course of action moving forward.

A lawyer can help you understand your legal options, such as:

1. Following up with the current court to determine the status of your case and why it has not been resolved.

2. Filing a motion to compel the court to take action on your case.

3. Assessing whether it is appropriate to file your case in a different court or jurisdiction.

4. Pursuing additional legal remedies to recover the money owed to you, such as placing a lien on the defendant's properties.

While hiring a lawyer may involve additional costs, it can be beneficial in helping you navigate the legal system, protect your rights, and work towards resolving your case more efficiently. Many lawyers offer free initial consultations, which can help you understand your options before committing to their services.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.