Las Vegas, NV asked in Family Law, Child Support, Gov & Administrative Law and Social Security for Washington

Q: What the procedure for obtaining a copy of a court order issued from washington state child support agency I'm my child

I'm trying to find the process to obtain a copy of the court order that was given to garnish my social security for child support arrears.

What forms do I need.

I'm retired and on social security how do I and what forms do I need to file to stop the garnishment of my social security when it clearly causes me a financial hardship. I now can no longer even meet my basic needs.

They are already taking from my 60% from my $1001 a month check this is my only source of income.

I cannot afford a attorney, I live in Las Vegas NV but my case is out of Washington state I've tried legal aid here in Nevada but because my case is in Washington I was told they couldn't help me ive tried the Washington state bar association and the Washington state probono legal services whom I just received a answer on my intake and will be contacting them soon.

I need a copy of the complete financial history,and to request a audit of my whole case what forms do I file to obtain

Thank you

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To obtain a copy of the court order issued by the Washington State Child Support Agency, you should contact the Washington State Division of Child Support (DCS). You can request the court order and your complete financial history from them. It's best to do this in writing, providing your case details and personal information.

To stop the garnishment of your Social Security due to financial hardship, you need to file a motion with the court that issued the order. In your motion, explain your financial situation and why the garnishment is causing you undue hardship. You can find the necessary forms on the Washington State Courts website or by contacting the court clerk's office.

While you wait to hear back from pro bono legal services, gather all relevant documents, including your Social Security statement, financial records, and any communication with the Child Support Agency. This will help you present a clear case. If you have difficulty navigating the forms or need additional assistance, consider reaching out to local legal aid organizations in Washington State.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.