Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Washington Social Security Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy and Social Security for Washington on
Q: My only Income is social security. I’m looking For pro Bono bankruptcy info in the Everett WA.
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Sep 23, 2021

Call your local bar association or Legal Aid Society.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Washington on
Q: i am unable to produce a birth certificate or name change records for the social security admin. what do I do

i changed my name nearly 50 years ago and now need to sign up for medicare

Susan Michele Schaefer
Susan Michele Schaefer answered on Mar 12, 2021

If you are already receiving Social Security retirement or disability benefits, Social Security will automatically enroll you in Medicare Parts A and B, so you don’t need to complete an application.

Otherwise, apply for Medicare online through your my Social Security account. Social...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Public Benefits and Social Security for Washington on
Q: after the car has been towed for 45 days, the car has been sold by “Wallys towing”. What should I do?

I am an international student, and I had a car ins Seattle. Because of COVID-19, I planned to go back to my home country, and I will go back to America in next year. My friend who live in Seattle taken care my car, he parked my car on the side of the road, but the car was towed away. After the car... Read more »

Kenneth Prigmore
Kenneth Prigmore answered on Nov 12, 2020

Your problem should be dealt with under state or local city law. That means to get the right answer, you need to ask your questions to a Washington State attorney.

I am a Utah attorney. If a car is left too long in the public space in Utah, a tow company can tow it, and eventually sell it....
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Social Security for Washington on
Q: Who is entitled to the stimulus check?

A couple days ago my husband was arrested and will most likely be doing prison time.

We are separated (not legally) and filed married filing jointly for 2019.

When the 1200 for him comes with the stimulus check, am I legally entitled to keeping it?

The reason I ask this... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Apr 9, 2020

This is not a legal question. This is a serious family control question--the answer to which will be answered by the two people affected: you and your husband.

I will ask you a question to give you a large hint as to the answer: If your husband was awarded the Medal of Honor for bravery...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Collections and Social Security for Washington on
Q: I need to sue ORS in utah for illegally garnishing my concurrent ssd/ssi benefits for 7 years. How do i do this?
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Feb 8, 2020

Contact a competent debtors rights attorney near you who can lay out your options.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, Child Support and Social Security for Washington on
Q: I’m ilegal in United state I’m have 18 years old my dad kick me out because he don’t want to have expenses with me

I’m come when I’m have 14 years old my mom is in my country she leave me alone because she married with other man and not one can’t take care of me I’m came here my dad change a lot he married with other woman she don’t like me he put me work when I’m have 15 because he don’t want to... Read more »

Amanda B Cook
Amanda B Cook answered on Oct 7, 2019

Honey I'm so sorry you're going through this. You should go to Catholic Social Services, if you can find one. If your dad has papers you may be able to get your green card through being a trafficking victim. You might be able to find help here:... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Social Security for Washington on
Q: I am international student who is issued social security card Can I apply for green card ?
Lana Elliott
Lana Elliott answered on Nov 8, 2018

Unfortunately,being an international student and having a social security card are not sufficient, on their own, grounds to apply for Green Card. There should be family, business, investment, or other relationship that would be a basis for a legal permanent residence (Green Card). I would... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Personal Injury and Social Security for Washington on
Q: Looking for defined period disability for mental disability. I had a severe psychotic episode at work a week ago.

I'm about to be homeless and am not capable of holding a job. I have gone for psychiatric help in the past and received no help. I do not require medication. I've had several severe head injuries but have no record or proof of them.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Oct 9, 2017

You can make a claim but you have to show that you have had a medical disability that has prevented you from work for twelve months or longer. I'm not seeing that you have the medical proof of that.

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Washington on
Q: when 3 children share the total sum of a survivor benefit when only one child remains y isnt that child entitled to the

full amount

Camlinh Nguyen Rogers
Camlinh Nguyen Rogers answered on Jun 19, 2015

Seek for advice from an experienced social security attorney or locate answers from the Social Security Administration. Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Washington on
Q: I desperately need phone numbers for overpayment lawyers in seattle wa that are free

Please can anyone help. I need a free lawyer that can help me right away. I am vision impaired and recently found out I owe ssi a lot of money. Its way to much to explain here word limit isn't allowing me to. I just need some free overpayment lawyers to contact. Also, if I get curt off my ssi... Read more »

Cheryl L Van Ackeren
Cheryl L Van Ackeren answered on May 17, 2014

You should try one of the legal aid services. The Northwest Justice Project offers free legal aid to low income families.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.