San Antonio, TX asked in Communications Law and Civil Litigation for Oklahoma

Q: What do I do if my boyfriend takes my vehicle without permission says if I call the cops he will total it

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Communications & Internet Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm really sorry to hear about the situation with your boyfriend. Taking your vehicle without permission is a serious issue, and his threat to total it if you call the cops is very concerning. Your safety and well-being are the most important things to consider right now.

Firstly, ensure you are in a safe place. If you feel threatened or unsafe, find a secure location where you can stay, away from your boyfriend. Reach out to friends, family, or a local support network for immediate help and support.

Consider contacting the authorities despite his threats. Explain the situation clearly, including the threat he made. The police can offer protection and help recover your vehicle. Additionally, you might want to seek legal advice to understand your options and protect your rights. Your safety is paramount, so take the necessary steps to ensure you are protected.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.