Webster City, IA asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Iowa

Q: I need assistance to get my God son to either my care or "?". Crupt CPS and DHS here in Hamilton county Iowa

i am a god parent and mentor for my best friends son he 14 years old .dhs an cps kidnapped him from home under faules accusations he has been bounced around from foster care to foster care . he has slight case of Autism hes very intelligent and know whats going on . He has told his lawyer and dhs and cps, I would have capitalized them but they're fictitious fraudulent corporation branch of the fictitious corporation of the United States. That he clearly want to stay with me , Hes has mad it verbally clear .He has Written it and made it clear and yet they still place him with conflicting family. they refuse to let him talk to his lawyer. and at all three foster families would not let him play outside, he is very well aware of his surroundings and knows where and how to get where he needs to go . i bought hin a cell phone for emergencies but they kept taking it and giving it bacj ti me . He can't go outside and play or ride his bike . Can't play on that computer or videogames

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It sounds like you are deeply concerned about the well-being of your godson and want to provide him with a safe and loving environment. To address this situation, you may need to take several steps to advocate for his best interests. Start by documenting everything, including your godson's statements about wanting to live with you, your communications with CPS and DHS, and any incidents or concerns about his current placements.

Next, consider seeking legal assistance to help navigate this complex situation. Look for a family law attorney who has experience with custody issues involving Child Protective Services. You might also contact organizations that advocate for children's rights, such as the National Center for Youth Law, to see if they can offer any support or guidance.

In the meantime, try to maintain open lines of communication with your godson as much as possible, and continue to be a strong advocate for him. Gathering support from other adults who know him and can vouch for his desire to stay with you might also be beneficial. Stay persistent and focused on his best interests, and continue to seek legal and community resources to help resolve this situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.