Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
South Dakota Domestic Violence Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for South Dakota on
Q: What can I (victim) do to drop Agg. Assault domestic charge dropped on BF?

My Boyfriend & I were having a disagreement about child support. I seen his hand placed inside his jacket, I asked him to take his hand out & when he did he had his gun in his hand lowering it to his side. Never pointed at me or made reference to it. I told him to put his gun away & he... View More

Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
answered on Jan 17, 2024

This matter is largely out of your hands. The decision as to whether to move forward on a case that has been charged belongs to the prosecutor. You may certainly speak to the prosecutor as you are an essential witness. However, the prosecutor can still make a judgment as to whether or not they... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.