Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Criminal Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Elder Law and Sexual Harassment for Pennsylvania on
Q: Next door neighbors spying on us through bathroom wall

We own, they rent from someone. I am sure that there is an opening created by them and they have made sure that we know they are spying by banging on the shared wall when one of us is in the bathroom. Testing - Often I go silently into that room and stand there. 10 to 12 seconds pass before the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Civil Litigation for Maryland on
Q: If I had a criminal charge expunged last year can a police report

from the arrest be used as evidence in a civil hearing?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law on
Q: How do I make my arrest record with no conviction not available to Federal Authorities?

I was arrested in Washinton State (Bellvue) on Domestic Violence charges. The case was dismissed by the District court without any penalty or conviction. The arrest record is visible to immigration and other federal agencies and creates hassle for me when I enter USA as it shows up in biometrics.... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Insurance Defense, Criminal Law, Business Formation and Civil Rights for Alaska on
Q: can I see my insurance company for the roadside services neglect humiliation degradation and pasta work enviro.laughing

Can I sue for hostile work environment and civil rights being taking humiliated and degraded in front of the company 3 workers who think it's ok to treat someone in a emergency like that

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Mergers & Acquisitions for California on
Q: F422 pc m417
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Massachusetts on
Q: Have a bench warrant in PA and I need to get an MA ID because my old ID is about to expire. Will RMV check for warrants?

I have a bench warrant for FTA in PA from 10 years ago and I need to get an MA ID because my old ID is about to expire. Will RMV check for warrants? I have animals that depend on me and don't want them to starve if I'm arrested. If there's even a chance I'd rather wait until I... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith, Insurance Defense and Criminal Law for Georgia on
Q: My now ex wife and her boyfriend got a auto insurance policy under my name without my consent. What can I do?

I have even been flagged on my credit report on other illegal matters she has done in my name. Even now as we speak after the divorce and was granted her last name( I have remarried) she continues to do fraudulent actions in my name. I need help

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Custody and Municipal Law for Washington on
Q: can someone get charged with rape twice from the same person.

i live in Washington. my boyfriend of 3 yrs was charged with 3rd degree rape from the mom of his children she was a minor at the time when she was pregnant and the hospital collected the fathers info and reported to the authorities. meanwhile the whole thing was going on in court, they were still... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Kentucky on
Q: Can an officer charge you with possession after the vehicle gets to the impound lot and he goes later and "searches" car

After the vehicle sat there after first tow truck "couldnt haul it" then another tow driver hauled it to their tow yard and seen my guns in my vehicle and called the officer and had him come back out to his tow yard and then they supposedly did a search and found "drugs!" While... Read more »

Leland Hulbert
Leland Hulbert answered on Sep 16, 2021

Inventory searches are semi-protected under the law. It really depends on the facts and what probable cause the police had and if anything was in plain view. I think you need to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Business Law and White Collar Crime for Georgia on
Q: Is it legal for A to sign B's name (in A's handwriting) on a legally significant document & without permission from B?

Later, B is held accountable for the accounting errors in the letter, even though A crafted and signed, and sent the letter without B's permission or knowledge.

Is the significance of the offense increased if this behavior is repeated over and over without permission or knowledge of B?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for New York on
Q: What do i do if im being accused of duplicate check fraud?

Hello, im being threatened by payomatic saying they are going to file police report because of a check that was deposited twice on accident. My boyfriend mobile deposited a check and without me knowing this I took the same check to payomatic and they cashed it, i wasnt aware of this until i was... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for Texas on
Q: pretrial detainee in solitary confinement for a month. No misconduct no reason given as to why.

my husband is in pre-trial detention and his case is stalling. There is nothing complicated with the case his lawyer has only visited him 2 times he's been in there since 06/08. They just put him in solitary confinement for the last month the jail guards gave no reason. my husband was helping... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Virginia on
Q: Probation violation for failure to pay court fines during pandemic in Virginia

Under 19.2-305 c, it states courts can’t keep you on probation due to court fines

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Arizona on
Q: I was arrested for shoplifting on 9/14/2021. I have a court date of 9/30. I want to get it expunged from my record.

I know I need a lawyer to represent me. What does the lawyer do on their part to do this. Why do I need a lawyer to do this. What do they do to get this to go through? It is my first offense. The shoplifting cost I took was $130.00.

Mike Branum
Mike Branum answered on Sep 16, 2021

Arizona does not expunge criminal records (with the exception of marijuana possession charges and that has occurred in the last year). The arrest will be with you forever. You may be able to negotiate a deferred entry of judgment. Deferred entry would mean that if you stay out of trouble (usually... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Mississippi on
Q: My fiance is on probation and she absconded bit paid all court cost and all her fines and got a dui but they not chargin

Her for running and it's her first offense how much time will she get

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Criminal Law for New Mexico on
Q: How long can you be held by local police under a courtesy hold for US Marshals without charges?

My friend served 90 days on a PV sanction & should've been released Mon 9/13 but is still in custody. He hasn't been charged & the only answer we've gotten is it's a Fed hold. Nothing is found when I search online either.

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Arkansas on
Q: What happens when someone that is on parole or probation goes to court on a

THEFT BY RECEIVING > $5,000 < $25,000 charge?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Wisconsin on
Q: If I have absconded from extended supervision in Wisconsin can I personally ask my po to drop my warrant if I come in

If I come in to talk. Will my agent drop the absconding Po warrant or will I still sit jail time?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.