Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Energy, Oil and Gas legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Utah Energy, Oil and Gas Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Energy, Oil and Gas and Probate for Utah on
Q: probe and how to get a copy of the original will

Will is it possible to get a copy of it somewhere. The person has put it into probate and will not talk to us.

Wesley Winsor
Wesley Winsor
answered on May 24, 2017

If the will is in probate, it is a public document. You can go to the Court and pay some money to get a copy of it. If you have the name of the personal representative or the decedent then the Court should be able to locate it for you.

If you are an heir or a natural heir...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.