Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Alabama Foreclosure Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for Alabama on
Q: I am in a foreclosure suit with Nationstar mortgage, just last week they were denied summary judgement based on forgery

my atty is advising that we just give the house back to Nationstar to settle all claims against the house. I don't feel comfortable as I feel he just doesn't want to fight for our home although we Nationstar hasn't been able to prove standing in 5 years. Do you have any advice?

Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer answered on Oct 25, 2015

No attorney here is going to second guess your current attorney. You need to trust your attorney and direct all your questions to the attorney. If you cannot work out your differences, after making a serious effort to do so, you do have the right to change attorneys. Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for Alabama on
Q: I just bought a forclosure home from the bank. The house is occupied. How do I get the people in there out?
Mr. James Parrish Coleman III
Mr. James Parrish Coleman III answered on Jul 30, 2015

You would bring an action in ejectment and have them ejected from the property. Of note here is that when a person's house is foreclosed on, they have a limited time to vacate the premises and, if they fail to do so, then they lose their right to redeem the foreclosure by paying what they owe... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.