Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Indiana Cannabis & Marijuana Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Cannabis & Marijuana Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Indiana on
Q: What constitutes a No Knock warrant in Indiana?

On a tip from a C. S. The police served a NO KNOCK warrant. For pot? First SWAT then ICE. Never identified themselves. At gun point. Wouldn’t show us the warrant. Left it after the search. Had no affidavit. They had no badges , we couldn’t EVER see they’re faces. The affidavit is excluded... Read more »

Andrew L. Bennett
Andrew L. Bennett answered on Dec 22, 2020

You need to contact an experience criminal defense attorney in your area to discuss the case in more detail.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Cannabis & Marijuana Law and Legal Malpractice for Indiana on
Q: I have a warrant. My lawyer didn’t appear in court after telling me the day before I didn’t have to go. What do I do?

I can’t get ahold of my attorney. Clark County Indiana

Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko answered on Sep 4, 2020

What county did this happen in?

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Indiana on
Q: friends house was Searched with a warrant they found illegal items and substance they both felons y didnt arrests them
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery answered on Aug 5, 2020

Alot of times the LEOs either request Charges to be issued sometime after the Search Warrant Execution, or they try to work out a Sentence to bring to the Court for entry. Very often the citizens searched cooperate with the LEOs to incriminate others, and receive lighter Sentences therefor.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Indiana on
Q: Can a pro se litigant in a criminal case initiate communication with the prosecutor for the sake of plea bargaining?

I e-filed an appearance for my own behalf. I was arrested on my 3rd marijuana possession in Indiana; class A misdemeanor. I filed 2 motions; one for stand-by counsel and the other to have my bond returned to pay for my defense. The bond request was denied but there is a hearing set for the... Read more »

Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko answered on Apr 3, 2020

Yes. Just make sure to tell the prosecutor you are pro se.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Indiana on
Q: I had a wreck in November due to a seizure. I was put in the ambulance and refused treatment

Because I knew I had a seizure.A deputy then put me in cuffs and took me to the hospital to see if a doctor could tell if I had a seizure the dr could not verify if I had one then the officer had me do blood test. I just received papers saying I have to go to court in March for a class c... Read more »

Andrew L. Bennett
Andrew L. Bennett answered on Mar 2, 2020

You should consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney and do not talk to anyone about this other than your attorney. At this point it is illegal to have marijuana metabolite in your body, however, there is legislation that may change that in Indiana.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Indiana on
Q: Bonded out on a Class A misdemeanor. Can I move out of state for medical treatment that isn't available in Indiana

Arraignment was today where I pled not guilty for possession of marijuana less than 30g with prior. I have chronic pain and epilepsy. I want to move to Ohio or Illinois to receive medicinal marijuana treatment so I don't have to continue to worry about weed nazis.

Andrew L. Bennett
Andrew L. Bennett answered on Jan 20, 2020

You should be able to move out of state, but confirm your conditions of bond to make sure it is possible.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.