Colorado Stockbroker Fraud Questions & Answers

Q: Can a real estate broker in Colorado hire anyone (other than a land surveyor) to mark positions of property corners

1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud and Real Estate Law for Colorado on
Answered on Apr 1, 2018
Vincent Gallo's answer
In New York only a Professional Land Surveyor may prepare a new survey and made corners.

Q: Do I still have a fraud claim on odometer rollback after 4 years?

1 Answer | Asked in Stockbroker Fraud and Consumer Law for Colorado on
Answered on Feb 9, 2017
Tristan Kenyon Schultz's answer
For most criminal felony fraud charges the statute of limitations is 3 years. Under some circumstances the SoL can be extended. For civil claims, the exact end date of the fraud could be argued as a continuing matter. Be aware a Carfax "potential" rollback flag does not prove that fraud did in fact occur. If you are seeking criminal charges you will need to contact your local police/DA. If you are seeking civil claims you will need to contact a directly lawyer. You can also pursue both civil...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.