Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Delaware Copyright Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Copyright and Intellectual Property for Delaware on
Q: I have a software that I want to protect, what would be the best option as I was recommended that copyright is not best

Option as copyright will provide public access, although not clear for me, but what do you recommend

Omar Darwich
Omar Darwich answered on Jun 7, 2021

So I know its been a min since you've posted this question, but if you've developed a "new" software it might be best to seek a patent for your invention.

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright and Intellectual Property for Delaware on
Q: Am starting my company,and I have a software I need to protect what's the process to copyright it. Thanks R. Amer
Marcos Garciaacosta
Marcos Garciaacosta answered on May 25, 2021

Consult with an attorney

Copyright gives people public access to your creation so it may not be the best option

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright and Trademark for Delaware on
Q: trade mark question

hi , i am trying to start a company by a certain name , that name is taken (though their domain is hyphenated and i bought the original name domain).

they did not register the name as a trade mark and its free for the taking.


if i pay for the trademark and i take... Read more »

Karima Gulick
Karima Gulick answered on Oct 9, 2017

More details would be necessary to best answer your question.

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright for Delaware on
Q: Looking to use photo memes in a free video game. Is this breaking any laws?
Will Blackton
Will Blackton answered on Jun 29, 2017

Possibly. Did you take the photo and create the meme? If not, someone else probably had a copyright interest in the image. If you use it without their permission or a valid license, you could be liable for copyright infringement. Making money is not a requirement for copyright infringement.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright for Delaware on
Q: I would like to submit my writing to publishers. Should I copyright it first?
Charles Snyderman
Charles Snyderman answered on Feb 1, 2013

It's not necessary to get it copyrighted first. In fact, if the publisher likes it, they will help with getting it copyrighted.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.