Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Energy, Oil and Gas legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Oregon Energy, Oil and Gas Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law and Energy, Oil and Gas for Oregon on
Q: Could I Sue my family for not turning over my mother's land and mineral to her children that she inherited after she die

My Grandmother's Mother passed left, which left my grand mother land and mineral. My grandmother passed which My mother then inherited some land and minerals. My mother's brothers and sister decide not to let her children know they inherited land and minerals so the kids never got any... View More

Theressa Hollis
Theressa Hollis
answered on Jul 7, 2021

It sounds like you have a complicated question with several moving parts. I recommend you bring in all the information you have and meet with an experienced probate attorney who can let you know your rights in this situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.