Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Environmental legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Puerto Rico Environmental Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Environmental and Land Use & Zoning for Puerto Rico on
Q: My neighbor is doing major earthwork and excavation on my property without permits nor my permission. What do I do?

My neighbor is doing major earth work on his property for new construction. He excavated a natural drain and installed 32" subterranean pipes, roughly 100' of these pipes are on my property. He has also knocked down a coconut palm tree located on my property. He also excavated a bank... View More

Rafael  Pagan-Colon
Rafael Pagan-Colon
answered on Mar 31, 2022

The quickest way would be for you should request an immediate "cease and desist" order from the Municipal Court of the town where your property is located, and request the courts to deliver the order to your neighbor. The Petition should be accompanied y evidence of your title ownership... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.