Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Immigration Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Puerto Rico Immigration Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law for Puerto Rico on
Q: PR applying for citizenship, with a domestic violence case dismissed. Should I be worried?

Hello, I was falsely arrested for domestic violence and the case has been dismissed as I never did anything. The arrest and the case don't show up on my record, and I am wondering if I should:

1) mention the arrest even though it doesn't show up?

2) will it hurt my... View More

Elisha F Svosve
Elisha F Svosve
answered on Apr 3, 2018

Yes, you must be truthful... you are required to disclose all arrests. You must also provide arrest records and case disposition documentation. Gather these documents and consult with an immigration lawyer, in order to get an informed legal opinion on the chances of your case. Good luck!... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.