Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Medical Malpractice legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Puerto Rico Medical Malpractice Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice and Family Law for Puerto Rico on
Q: My son recently diagnosed with schizophrenia. He is 24. He lived in PR on his own since Jan 2016.

He had been evicted from two apts. Has no family to look out for him in PR. As the Mother I recently went to PR to file a petition to remove him from the apt. He was put in a psychiatric hospital for 1 week and was supposed to cone home to NY with me. After being released he did not want to take... View More

Lawrence Allen Weinreich
Lawrence Allen Weinreich
answered on Jul 5, 2020

This question is not a NY question. Since your son is in PR he is subject to the law of PR not NY. You need to speak with an attorney in PR to see what if anything can be done.

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Puerto Rico on
Q: How do I get a medical malpractice suit dismissed providing the party being sued does ask or sue for money
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Sep 6, 2019

If you are represented by an attorney, you should advise your attorney of your wishes. They would handle paperwork through the court for discontinuance of the action. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.