Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Native American Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Wisconsin Native American Law Questions & Answers
Q: The deed to my grandparents land regarding his will was illegal transfers to the city of Appleton wis. "koehnke woods"

They didn't provide my mother with a power of attorney created false documents and proof is in some clippings from oshkosh

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 11, 2023

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. To address potential illegal transfers or fraudulent actions in regard to a will or deed, it is advisable to seek out legal representation to assist in potentially rectifying this matter. They can help review the available evidence, including the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Collections, Native American Law and Probate for Wisconsin on
Q: My friend died. Can her siblings just give me all of her possessions?

She was estranged from her siblings. They don't want to deal with any of the things that need to happen after someone dies. They've told me I can have her possessions; I know she does not have anything of much value. Is there a way that I can take over here final affairs from the... View More

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Apr 18, 2022

It is difficult to answer your question without knowing exactly what comprises your friend’s estate. But, yes, it is possible for you to be appointed by the court to handle the distribution of her estate. That will probably require the siblings to sign consents. Also, understand that you will... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.