Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 Colorado Child Custody Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody for Colorado on
Q: How do i get emergency contempt of court for daycare/school quickly?

Inshare parenting time 50/50 with my co parent. Literally final orders happened last week. We have a school age child with medical issues, specifically respiratory issues. The final orders state they remain in the same daycare my daughter has been in for 6 years. With Covid the daycare states they... Read more »

Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko answered on Jul 31, 2020

You can file a motion for contempt or to enforce, however he can also file for a modification of child support if he can not pay. He would have to show a substantial and continuing change in his income. Being laid off may not establish that. You could ask to have income imputed to him and ask him... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Colorado on
Q: My ex wife is attempting to keep my children from me I had a positive covid test- no symptoms & 14 days since can she?

It has been 14 days since symptoms already and the Ones I had were mild. She has still been working this while time. We have a 4/3 week split every week. I haven’t seen my kids since the 5th. They are supposed to come home in the 22nd she messaged me today saying she thinks it would be best to... Read more »

John Hyland Barrett III
John Hyland Barrett III answered on Apr 17, 2020

The courts have said that people should honor their parenting time arrangements. If you feel your children are safe with you, you should still have your parenting time. You can file a motion to enforce the parenting time. You should get a lawyer to help you with this.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody for Colorado on
Q: Do I have to let my ex take our child for weekend visitation?

We are in a pandemic and our governor has ordered us to stay at home. My ex, who lives out of state, is wanting me to send her for the weekend for his visitations. Do I have to send her? I dont feel comfortable letting her go with the covid pandemic. He is telling me I have to let her go.

Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko answered on Apr 9, 2020

Within Colorado, parenting time is allowed under the stay at home order. As far as out of state travel, compliance with court orders is still required unless the child would be endangered by travel. There is no automatic presumption that out of state travel would cause endangerment, though it would... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.