Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 Maryland Probate Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Probate for Maryland on
Q: How long would the process take of making a complaint for the sale in Lieu of Partition in Prince George's county, MD?

An elderly disabled person is being forced out of his home that he lived in all of his life by the personal representative. The home had been closed with probate many years ago, and it's still closed, but the personal representative has now decided to sell the home after all this time. The... View More

Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg
answered on Nov 16, 2020

Your posting does not provide sufficient information for a reliable response, and I suggest that you review all of the facts with counsel during a consult. If the house is titled to the decedent, and there is an open estate with a qualified PR, there is no need for a complaint for sale in lieu of... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Maryland on
Q: I am the personal representative of a small estate in MD. See the more information for details.

I am the personal representative in Maryland of a small estate for a friend who passed away.

I notified creditors in writing of the 30 day limit to file a claim.

My letter... View More

Mark Oakley
Mark Oakley
answered on Apr 15, 2020

Because of the pandemic, all Maryland courts were closed for business except for "emergency" matters as of March 16, 2020, and in addition, all filing and time deadlines provided by any statute, rule or scheduling order were also automatically extended for the same amount of time as the... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.