COVID-19 Nebraska View Questions by Practice Area

  • Admiralty / Maritime
  • Adoption
  • Agricultural Law
  • Animal / Dog Law
  • Antitrust
  • Appeals / Appellate Law
  • Arbitration / Mediation Law
  • Banking
  • Business Formation
  • Business Law
  • Cannabis & Marijuana Law
  • Car Accidents
  • Child Custody
  • Child Support
  • Civil Litigation
  • Civil Rights
  • Collections
  • Communications Law
  • Constitutional Law
  • Construction Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Education Law
  • Elder Law
  • Election Law
  • Employment Discrimination
  • Energy, Oil and Gas
  • Entertainment / Sports
  • Environmental
  • Federal Crimes
  • Gaming
  • Gov & Administrative Law
  • Government Contracts
  • Health Care Law
  • Identity Theft
  • Insurance Bad Faith
  • Insurance Defense
  • Intellectual Property
  • International Law
  • Internet Law
  • Juvenile Law
  • Land Use & Zoning
  • Landlord - Tenant
  • Legal Malpractice
  • Lemon Law
  • Libel & Slander
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Mergers & Acquisitions
  • Military Law
  • Municipal Law
  • Native American Law
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Patents (Intellectual Property)
  • Probate
  • Public Benefits
  • Securities Law
  • Sexual Harassment
  • Small Claims
  • Social Security
  • Stockbroker Fraud
  • Trademark
  • Uncategorized
  • White Collar Crime
  • Wrongful Death

Show More Practice Areas

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 Nebraska Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Probate for Nebraska on
Q: I am a resident of Massachusetts - a Nebraska county court judge is trying to force me to appear in person during covid

i am the PR - I do not want to have to come to nebraska during covid - do I need to file for an injunction in Nebraska before filing in federal court in Massachusetts?

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 5, 2021

You might move to be removed as Personal Representative. But all assets that have come into your possession would have to be transferred to the new, proposed PR. Federal Court probably has no jurisdiction in this matter, and if a Court wants a hearing, that is the Judge's discretion, not... View More

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Employment Law for Nebraska on
Q: My job has not paid me from almost 3 months ago. What should I do?

I work at a gym and I started in early February. During the first couple of weeks I probably worked about 25-30 hours. Because I was not in their system yet, I had to clock in and out using time sheets instead of their online system. After the third payday of me being there, we get paid every 2... View More

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on May 19, 2020

The Nebraska Wage Payment and Collection Act is designed to help protect workers who are not paid for hours worked. It generally provides for the employer to be ordered to pay the attorney fees if the employee is successful. Thus, attorneys are generally more willing to take these cases in... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Nebraska on
Q: Do I have to pay childcare when my ex’s family members watch my daughter?

My ex husband has had custody for 3 years. I returned from deployment in January and will not be returning to work until May. Due to coronavirus, I offered to watch my daughter so that no one would miss work. Because she has school work, he feels it is more convenient for his mom, dad, or sister to... View More

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Apr 11, 2020

If a party is ordered to pay a share of child care expenses, this can include payment if a relative is the child care provider. That being said, a number of factors come into play when the child care provider is a relative and the specific wording in the order could likely affect whether the party... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.