Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 New Jersey Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Landlord - Tenant for New Jersey on
Q: I have a tentant owes 4 mths rent many times he uses the jobs checks not cleared yet and; I now when I state it doesn’t

Look like you can afford $550 a month I need the room back; he is using COVID-19 law as an excuse. And I never mentioned eviction or filed one What can I do? I real want him out mainly because of the smoking that was clearly stated on the agreement not to do. Do we as landlord have any rights with... View More

Morris Leo Greb
Morris Leo Greb
answered on Jan 7, 2021

The Court strictly follows the required statutory procedure for complaints filed seeking eviction of a tenant. To avoid having a case dismissed for failure to satisfy the statutory requirements merely prolongs your problems. My best advise is you retainan attorney to represent you in this matter.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.