Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 Tennessee Family Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Tennessee on
Q: What options do I have in getting a legal joint custody order put in place, and if any, how do I begin proceedings?

I do pay child support. I have been an integral part of the child's life since birth.(9/23/2011) the only reason it's not now,is covid-19. The mother let our daughter go to "a trusted friends house", so she could have someone to play with while all of this is going on despite... View More

Paul E. Tennison
Paul E. Tennison
answered on Apr 29, 2020

You should consult with a local family law attorney. From the facts, as you describe them, it seems as if there is no parenting plan that has ever been established by a court order. If this is the case, you will likely need to file a Petition to Establish Parentage in the county juvenile court... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Tennessee on
Q: I have a parenting plan with my ex husband, I am concerned about travel from home to home due to COVID-19.

I have offered to give him days if I hold onto the kids until COVID clears, he declined and wants to pass them from house to house. What are my rights? He and his wife are currently working, his wife works in healthcare, and they have 2 additional daughters who attend daycare. I have a daughter and... View More

Bob G Huddleston Jr.
Bob G Huddleston Jr.
answered on Mar 29, 2020

To answer your question, you have a right to seek an Emergency Protective Custody Order that may or may not be granted.

Once filed, you would be set for an Emergency PCO hearing. At the hearing you would need to establish that the facts and circumstances are sufficient to lead an...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.