Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 Texas Health Care Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Elder Law for Texas on
Q: If father's POA isn't responding to healthcare providers how can I get it revoked?

My father, who has previously been diagnosed with dementia/alzheimers, is recovering from covid and is having complications. He seems to be having stroke or heart attack symptoms after testing negative and the nursing home he is in isn't fully equipped to handle his recovery in my opinion. The... Read more »

Teri A. Walter
Teri A. Walter
answered on Jan 12, 2021

The only way you can obtain power of attorney to act for your father is if he is capable of giving it, and does so. A guardianship requires court action, after proof that your father is unable to make his own decisions. (BTW, "Power of Attorney" refers to the document, not the person,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Health Care Law for Texas on
Q: If a defendant is found guilty of menacing-intimidation only what would be the Judges ruling?

The defendant was having a paranoid schizophrenic bipolar episode. He is on medication and doctors care and attending Alta Pointe. However due to the pandemic they were not meeting with him in person due to this pandemic. His fears are real to him.

Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
answered on Oct 15, 2020

Please clarify the question. A defendant being found guilty of anything implies that either that he entered a plea of guilty or no contest or that the prosecuion proved every element of their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Most, but not all, offenses require some sort of "culpable...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.