Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Hampshire Foreclosure Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for New Hampshire on
Q: what is considered an official notice of foreclosure? Notice on our bill. CS said ignore it.
Leonard G Deming
Leonard G Deming answered on Mar 1, 2022

I am not sure who "CS" is (case servicer?) but in New Hampshire a formal notice of foreclosure must be sent to the last known address of record via certified mail, return receipt requested. It will have a date and time certain as to when the sale will occur. For residential property, this... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for New Hampshire on
Q: Do you get any of the money if your house is sold after foreclosure?
Joseph Kelly Levasseur
Joseph Kelly Levasseur answered on Apr 4, 2018

If they sell the property for more than what is owed then yes. you would be able to get the amount left over after ALL the bills related to the foreclosure and the sale of the home are paid.

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure for New Hampshire on
Q: If I am at risk of being foreclosed on, will I go to court?
Leonard G Deming
Leonard G Deming answered on May 2, 2017

New Hampshire has a "statutory power of sale" that most mortgagees utilize when foreclosing. This is non-judicial process which does not require the mortgagee to go to court for an order or judgment like most states have. However, there is a process whereby the party being foreclosed upon... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.