Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Victor J. Yoo
1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law for California on
Q: Do we need to file a CA tax return in 2018?

As US citizens resident in Ireland for the last ten years, we have been filing both US and Irish taxes. We must file for Irish tax in 2018 also although we have been in the US since April. We are visiting the US while we decide if we want to return here. We return to Ireland on 27 March, 2019, for... View More

Victor J. Yoo
Victor J. Yoo
answered on Jan 8, 2019

CA Franchise Tax Board requires all individuals who are domiciled in California to file a state tax return. There may be several factors to consider whether or not you need to file your tax return in California including but not limited to: was there a source of income earned in California, how... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.