Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Mark George Cunningham
4 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for California on
Q: My car was totaled in an accident and the other driver was deemed at fault and arrested for DUI.

Two months post-accident, I have filed a small claims case against the driver and the insurance company. In the past 24hrs, the insurance company has contacted me and said they will not offer assistance until I drop the small claims court case. Should I drop the court case and utilize their... View More

Mark George Cunningham
Mark George Cunningham
answered on Dec 28, 2021

How injured were you? I recommend you consult with a personal injury lawyer with trial experience in motor vehicle accidents. As you research and talk to lawyers, you should ask them if they specialize in car accident cases and also about their trial experience. As a former insurance company... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.