Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Eric Trajtenberg
1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Pennsylvania on
Q: What do I need to do to change my name back to my maiden name,after my divorce??????
Eric Trajtenberg
Eric Trajtenberg answered on Feb 23, 2017

If your divorce was finalized in one of the County courts in Pennsylvania, then you will need to file a Notice to Retake Maiden Name with the Prothonotary's Office where your divorce was finalized. I suggest that you also contact your local Security Security Administration office to ensure... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Business Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: Is a PA State Farm Agency marital property?

My husband became and agent in around 2006 and is still an agent. We are going through a divorce and he says I'm not entitled to anything concerning his agency. Is this true?

Eric Trajtenberg
Eric Trajtenberg answered on Feb 21, 2017

How is the agency set up? Is it an LLC? A sole proprietorship? Have you requested and received the documents that demonstrate what his relationship is with State Farm and how his agency "operates?" You need to contact a divorce attorney who can discuss this issue with you further;... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Pennsylvania on
Q: May amounts paid for mortgage deviation be credited back against the settlement if the other person keeps the home.

My husband is claiming that when we go thru the settlement process that he should get an amount back since the value of the home is at date of separation less the mortgage balance at date of separation since I am keeping the house.

Eric Trajtenberg
Eric Trajtenberg answered on Oct 6, 2016

It seems like your husband may be confounding issues by making statements that include the issues of the mortgage deviation and the date of valuation of marital assets. I recommend that you contact an attorney prior to signing a Property Settlement Agreement or otherwise agreeing to terms... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.