Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Harley Wagner
1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Georgia on
Q: I was givencitation a video proving I stopped before entering a roadway will this help me in court to get it dismissed

I was given a citation for failing to yield but I have a video of myself stopping twice before entering the roadway, however the camera was too far to get my license plate clearly. Will the video help me get this citation dismissed in court?

Harley Wagner
Harley Wagner
answered on Nov 26, 2018

Possibly. Self-representation is full of problems, because the rules of court, such as submitting evidence are complex.

It would be best to get a public defender, or a traffic lawyer to assist you.

Plus, depending on the court, you may need to move your case to a jury court, and not...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for West Virginia on
Q: If you are turning from a public road to a private one who has the right of way??
Harley Wagner
Harley Wagner
answered on Oct 2, 2018

At any intersection, the same rules under WV law apply. Your question did not indicate if the person turning was turning left or right. However, if turning left, that motorist must yield to oncoming traffic before executing the turn.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI, Traffic Tickets and Collections for Arkansas on
Q: What can you do if you can't pay your fines

I live in Missouri now but in 2011 I was living in Hot Springs AR, I got a public intoxication charge and never paid the fine. Now they have a hold on my drivers license so I can't get reinstated but I am eligible for reinstatement in MO, I have not had a DL since 2008/9 because I had a dui... View More

Harley Wagner
Harley Wagner
answered on Oct 2, 2018

True financial inability to pay has been an area of national concern among criminal justice attorneys. Judges, however, must be convinced that you cannot pay. Plus, the judges want you to communicate with probation, when such issues arise.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.